The Somapar Quality Laboratory is an Analysis Laboratory of Physical and Mechanical Properties of plywood. Which aims to ensure the Somapar products quality and to make sure that customers are getting materials that meet their needs.
The lab enables the achievement of the following tests on plywood:
• Determination of Modulus of Elasticity and Flexural Static as ABNT NBR 9533 and EN 310.
• Determination of bond strength in shear test. According to ABNT NBR 9534 and EN 314.
• Determination of Density (Specific Gravity) – according to ABNT NBR 9485 and EN 323.
• Determination of Moisture Content. According to ABNT NBR 9484 and EN 322.
• Determination of water absorption. According to ABNT NBR 9486.
• Determination of solid content of the resin. To ensure the quality of resin used for bonding the panels.
• Determination of bonding quality of the plates amended
• Tests of adhesion of paints and masses.
• Determination of phenolic film quality
Some trials are conducted in externally authorized laboratories:
• Determination of abrasion resistance of the coating
• Determination of the retention of CCA preservative product
• Botanical identification, among others.
The Somapar Quality Laboratory allows the study and development of new products or improving existing products and processes, as it has internal structure for the simulation of plywood production.
Through the trials mentioned above, structural calculations and sizing of wood floors, the Somapar Laboratory can help customers to identify which of the products best suits your needs and still provide technical reports of resistance of the panels.
Continuous improvement of production processes and the identification and prevention of failures of production is the main focus of the Laboratory. To ensure the support of the entire system, Somapar has PNQM certification, CE Marking and ISO 9001:2015.